2015 Year Summary ~ Bookish Survey!
BEST IN BOOKS
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way) book you read in 2015?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2015?
I don’t really push books at others because they don’t read too much about me, although they do read somewhat. I pushed everything Michael Grant my sister’s way though, and she has gone off into her own fangirling world.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I would have to say Never, Never by Brianna Shrum. I loved Hook’s character and the way he was portrayed, and I needed to know if his story ended the same way as in the fairytale or not.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
I can’t believe it has taken me this long to start in on the Anna and the French Kiss series! I loved the first two books and now am anxiously awaiting the time I get to read the last book!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16. Book That Shocked You The Most?
17. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
18. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Sanez was recommended to me time and time again. I constantly avoided it because it wasn’t my genre. This year I read it and quite liked it.
21. Best 2015 debut you read?
I read quite a few debuts but All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven was so good. I think she even won an award for this category as well.
22. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith. I know I mentioned this book already but it was so immensely well planned and drawn out that I can’t even with this world building…
23. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Open and Read by James P. Burn III always made me smile. And The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud was a lot of fun! Had me laughing at some points.
24. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
25. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I really did think that The Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen was a fun but meaningful read about friendship. I think a lot of people have skipped over it which is why I am making it my hidden gem.
26. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
One that made me mad was It’s Not You, It’s Me by Mhairi MacFarlane. I’d been anticipating this since 2014 and it made me so mad because divorce was involved and her ex-husband didn’t know what he was missing out on.
YOUR BLOGGING/BOOKISH LIFE
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The more passionate I feel for a book, the longer my review tends to get. You should see my review for We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular from this year is my Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon sign up I shared!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My middle grade mini reviews could do with some more love! I don’t usually read middle grade and those reviews got a little overlooked… 🙁
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed popsugar’s 2015 reading challenge which was no easy task, come to think of it…
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Can someone just give me the final book in the Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray already? Because I need it! I don’t think you understand. Need it! ;.;
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Shoving aside the Firebird trilogy in fear of being repetitive, I am also looking forward to seeing the finale to the Winner’s Curse series come out… even though I have yet to read book two >.> Whoops!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
My main goal is to read half of my physical TBR! I am so ready to try and do this, you guys. But in terms of blogging I am going to be revamping my Youtube channel and trying to keep up with having original photography on here…
Olivia’s Question: What are your goals for 2016?